PLEASE CALL THE OFFICE BEFORE SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION TO MAKE SURE THAT THE RENTAL YOU ARE APPLYING FOR IS STILL AVAILABLE.
Applications need to be brought into the office during normal business hours. Until we have a signed lease and full security deposit, the unit will remain available for showings to other prospective tenants. Each adult living in the property must complete the application and will be on the lease. If there are more than 2 adults living in the property then there is an additional full security deposit due for each additional adult. For the application to be processed, it must be turned in with the application fee ($35.00 per applicant 18 years or older that will live at the residence) as well as a $50.00 deposit fee. The deposit fee will be credited towards your security deposit if you are approved or returned to you if denied. These funds need to be brought in on 2 separate money orders or cashiers checks.
We will need proof of income for each applicant and we verify employment, income, credit, and background checks. We also look at previous rental history. In addition, we need the applicant to make at least 3 times the amount of rent. Also, prospective tenants must be employed at the same company and live in Colorado Springs for at least 6 months, must have a valid Social Security Number and drivers license, etc. Please allow 24-48 hours to process an application.
When an application is approved, the lease signing must be done within 3 business days. Security deposits are required in full at the time of the lease signing. Deposits must be paid via cashier’s check or money orders. The rent will be pro-rated from the start date of the lease.
Until we have a signed lease and full security deposit, the unit will remain available for showings to other prospective applicants. Applicant is still required to bring in the following items to Citadel Realty even if you are submitting the application online: a money order or cashiers check for $35 per applicant and a $50 deposit fee check, picture ID and last 3 months pay stubs.
Citadel Realty has a no pet policy for all of their homes. If a tenant has an unauthorized pet on the property, there will be a 3 day notice posted immediately to get rid of the animal and the tenant could be subject to eviction.
SOME TENANT DISQUALIFICATIONS
- If a prospective tenant has an eviction, this will be an automatic disqualification
- If money is owed to a previous or current landlord or management company or utility company and restitution has not been made, this will disqualify tenant.
- If the applicant receives a poor reference for a current or previous landlord or management company, the tenant may be disqualified.
- If the applicant has ever been convicted of a felony, arson, or sex offense, the applicant will be disqualified
- If the prospective tenant has not lived in Colorado Springs and been employed at the same company for at least 6 months. The only exception to this is if there is a job transfer within the same company.
- All income must be verifiable. We do not accept letters from company owners or cash under the table. There must be a paper trail.
- Applicant must have a valid driver’s license and Social Security number.
- If there is a non-discharged bankruptcy, then this is an automatic denial.
- We do not accept Section 8 Housing Vouchers
- No co-signers
- All prospective tenants must have a credit score.
Rent is due on the 1st of each month and is late if not received in the office by the close of business on the 2nd of the month. A late charge will be assessed on the 2nd. In addition, a 10-day notice will be posted at the tenant’s home as a demand for payment at a charge of $50.
Another late fee will be assessed after the 10th of the month. It is the tenant’s responsibility to contact Citadel Realty if rent will be late for any reason and to make payment arrangements. If not, the file could be sent to the attorney for eviction.